Friday, October 24, 2008

Days of a Mother




It is hard to believe a puppy can be more work at times than a baby. I honestly did not know what I was getting myself into when we gave Kaidan a puppy for her B-day. Yesterday morning I felt like I went from one mess to another between Kaleb and our puppy, Chaska. Chaska broke a beaded necklace of Kaidan's and the beads obviously went everywhere. Well, Kaleb and Chaska thought that was great. They both went diving for the beads and it seemed like they were competing as to who could get the most beads in their mouths. As soon as I freed Kaleb's mouth of beads I had to go to Chaska, and of course as I was getting the beads out of the Chaska's mouth Kaleb seized the moment and dove for the beads again. So, I was trying to pick the beads up while keeping both dog and child from choking in the process. As soon as I collected all the beads I went to the kitchen to put them out of reach and in those two seconds Kaleb crawled over to a plant and had dirt everywhere. What use to be a white dog and clean child changed in a matter of seconds. I honestly thought I was going to loose my mind.:) But, now they are both sound asleep and peace has swept over the house for a while. Love you all.

2 comments:

PS, God Loves You said...

Jauna,
I wish I could be there to babysit the kids and let you have some extra "Jauna" time. I love seeing your kids grow and hearing how things are going. Love you much! Remember GIGATTAATTGIG: God is good all the time and all the time God is good!. Come visit me at http://momstransformed.blogspot.com

Aunt Patti

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

You made me laugh!!! I can just see all that happening. I would be about ready to loose my mind too : ) Now I know the reason I've told Josh no for 2 years every time he wants to breed the dogs. Can't wait to see you.
julie